This experimental study has been carried out to analyze pulsating combustion and to show materials for the design of pulsating combustor.
Burner system has been designed for experimental versatility.
The experiments are as follows;
1) Measurements of fluctuating pressures in combustion chamber and air inlet pipe
2) Analysis of frequency by using output signal of fluctuating frequency
3) Analysis of exhaust gas concentration
4) Measurements of temperature distribution in combustion chamber
5) Observation of flame propagation by using Ionization-Probe
From the experimental results, it is found that mixing of fuel and air is very important factor for characteristics in diffusion flame. And previous equations which can predict operating frequency should be modified, considering combustion chamber construction and fuel flow rate.